Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Oklahoma City

Pedestrian accidents can be devastating to victims and their families. The Law Offices of Dan Davis knows these injuries often are catastrophic or even fatal. One person who is on foot is no match against a 3,000-pound motor vehicle traveling at a high speeds. If you’ve been hurt in a pedestrian accident, you have the right to seek justice through a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Talk to an experienced Oklahoma City pedestrian accident lawyer today at The Law Offices of Dan Davis.

Call us now to find out how we can make a meaningful difference. Call our office at (405) 531-9983 to schedule your free consultation.

Who Is Responsible in a Pedestrian vs. Car Accident?

Liability in a pedestrian accident often hinges on the right of way. Pedestrians have the right to cross the road safely at a marked crosswalk. Even when a vehicle is traveling at a low speed, an accident between a pedestrian and vehicle can cause devastating and potentially fatal injuries. Spinal cord injuries and internal organ injuries are common and accident victims may suffer a traumatic brain injury if their head hits the pavement after an accident.

Where do Pedestrian Accidents Happen in Oklahoma City?

A pedestrian accident can happen anywhere, from a Paseo intersection to a parking lot near Remington Park. Other common locations for a pedestrian accident to occur can include:

  • Residential streets
  • Commercial or residential driveways
  • Parking garages
  • Crosswalks
  • Venues that attract crowds, such as sporting events

Some cases of pedestrian injury occur on the shoulder of roads that do not have walkways, such as a state highway. If fatigued drivers or drunk drivers veer from their lane to the side of the road, they may strike a pedestrian or jogger.

What Are My Legal Rights As a Pedestrian Accident Victim?

If you can prove the motorists was responsible (or partially responsible) for your injury, you can seek compensation for your injury through a claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party. Common forms of negligence include drunk driving, drugged driving, distracted driving, tired driving, failing to yield the right of way, and inattention. If any of these factors caused your accident, speak with an Oklahoma City pedestrian accident attorney now.

I’ve Been Hurt in a Pedestrian Accident – What Compensation Can I Seek?

Oklahoma law allows victims of personal injuries to seek compensation (money for financial and noneconomic damages) for a wide range of damages. Every case is different, and the exact circumstances of your case determine how much money you can recover. In most cases, you can seek payment for medical bills, hospitalization, future medical care, lost wages, pain, suffering and other emotional distress. Additionally, you can seek punitive damages.

Can I File a Lawsuit If I’m Partially Responsible for My Accident?

If you’re partially liable for your accident, our attorneys can still help you seek compensation. Oklahoma employs “modified comparative fault,” a legal concept that means you can seek financial compensation for a percentage of your damages. In short, you can still pursue money for any portion of the accident you didn’t cause. If, for example, you were 15% responsible for your accident, you can seek money for the remaining 85% of your damages.

What If My Accident Was a Hit-And-Run?

If you were hurt in a hit-and-run accident, you can file a claim with your insurance company. Simply put, a hit and run accident occurs when the liable party leaves the scene of the accident in order to avoid responsibility for damages. An attorney from The Law Offices of Dan Davis can investigate your case and help you pursue just compensation for your hit and run injury.

How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer?

At The Law Offices of Dan Davis, we believe victims of pedestrian accidents and personal injuries shouldn’t have to worry about unnecessary legal expenses. If you’ve been hurt, you’re already dealing with medical expenses, missed wages, and a wide range of other unexpected costs. Seeking rightful compensation shouldn’t mean more out-of-pocket money for you. That’s why our Oklahoma City pedestrian accident lawyers charge on a contingency fee basis. This means you don’t pay us anything until we win your case, and your attorney fees come out of your overall recovery.

Get more information our legal rights after a pedestrian injury when you call The Law Offices of Dan Davis. Ask about our free, no-obligation legal consultations!