Oklahoma City Dog Bite Lawyer
Call Our Legal Team 24/7: (405) 531-9983
When a person is bitten by a dog, they can suffer serious, catastrophic injuries that require special medical attention and care. In fact, many dog bite victims suffer the following types of injuries:
- Injury requiring surgery
- Permanent damage to the extremities (hands or feet)
- Loss of a finger or fingers
- Permanent, visible scarring to the face
At the Law Offices of Dan Davis, we fight for the rights of those who have suffered from dog bite attacks and exercise appropriate judgment to pursue compensation for a dog bite injury.
Call our Oklahoma City dog bite attorneys today, or fill out a consultation form.
Oklahoma Dog Bite Laws
Dog bite laws have been put in place to protect victims as well as to protect responsible dog owners. If you intend to seek dog bite compensation based on the owner’s insurance coverage, Oklahoma dog bite laws have clear guidelines to establish the legitimacy of your claim.
Although the law can be complex, two elements must be met in order for a dog bite victim to pursue compensation:
- The victim had a right to be where he or she was at the time of the attack
- The dog bite victim did nothing to antagonize the dog before the incident
Legal Steps to Take After a Dog Bite Attack
First and foremost, it is important that you seek immediate medical attention. Second, notify the appropriate animal control authority as soon as possible. Third, contact a seasoned dog bite lawyer as soon as possible. Experienced legal representation can ensure you take the appropriate steps to safeguard your future. In addition, you may want to consider taking the following steps:
- If possible, photograph the dog
- If you do not know who owns the dog, attempt to determine where the animal lives
- Photograph the location where the dog bite attack took place
- Photograph or otherwise document the extent of your injury
- Retain all medical records related to treatment for your dog bite injury
- Obtain a copy of any report generated by the responding animal control authority
Compensation You May Receive
It is important to recognize that compensation for dog bite injuries does not come from the individual assets of the dog owner. Rather, compensation derives from the insurance coverage they have as a property owner and may cover the following types of expenses:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish or emotional distress
- Costs of rehabilitation or occupational therapy
Oklahoma dog bite laws are written in order to prevent an antagonistic relationship developing between the dog owner and the dog bite victim seeking compensation. However, it is important to note that dog bite compensation can vary depending on the age of the injury victim, the circumstances of the attack, and other factors.
Contact the Law Offices of Dan Davis Today
If you have been attacked by a dog, it is crucial you seek help from an experienced lawyer right away. At the Law Offices of Dan Davis, we understand the types of hardships one can face after they have sustained such injuries, and that is why we are here. Because we truly care about your safety and rights, we are available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Call an Oklahoma City personal injury attorney today, or fill out a free consult form online. We are ready to put our skills and knowledge on your side.