Contact Our Aggressive Personal Injury Team

Free Case Evaluation

UM/UIM Coverage Laws in Oklahoma

Liability insurance is required for all Oklahoma vehicles. This is known as “Compulsory Liability Insurance.” This mandatory minimum car insurance coverage addresses two aspects of liability:

  • Liability Bodily Injury
  • Liability Property Damage

It is commonly referred to as “25/50/25,” meaning:

  • $25,000 for medical expenses incurred by an individual driver
  • $50,000 for combined medical expenses of all occupants
  • $25,000 for property damage, including victim’s vehicle

Insurers are required to offer Oklahoma drivers Uninsured Motorist/ Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM). Although you are not required to buy it, we recommend you consider adding such a provision to protect yourself from major losses in the event of a serious accident caused by an uninsured motorist.

Learn More About Your Rights

Our Oklahoma City car accident lawyers are available 24/7 to help you learn more about your rights, your coverage, and how our team may be able to help you secure compensation for your damages.

Contact us today to get started!