What to Do After an Accident
Every year in the United States, there are more than six million car crashes that cause injury and death. What should you do if you are involved in a car accident? The best way to deal with an accident is to be prepared for one.
Here’s what you should do if you have been involved in a car accident:
- NEVER drive away from the scene of an accident, even if it’s a minor one
- When safe to do so, move your vehicle to a safe location
- Check to see if you, your passengers, or the other driver has been injured and immediately call 911 for medical assistance
- Contact the police so that they can fill out an accident report
- Exchange your name, contact information, and insurance information with the other driver
- Take down the names and contact information of any witnesses
- Take photos or videos of the accident scene and any visible injuries you or your passenger(s) may have sustained
- Avoid making any statements that could be construed as an admission of guilt
Contact an Oklahoma City Personal Injury Lawyer to Protect Your Rights
It is extremely important that you get in touch with an experienced Oklahoma City car accident attorney as soon as possible after an accident. Why? The top priority of insurance companies is to make money, not to pay it out. Adjusters are trained to look for ways to minimize payouts by claiming that the accident was the fault of the victim or by claiming that their injuries aren’t serious enough to warrant a payout. With so many tactics designed to work against you, you need someone on your side who will advocate for your rights and best interests. We know how insurance companies work and are familiar with the best ways to get you the full and fair compensation you deserve.
As a client of our Oklahoma City car accident lawyers, you can expect that our team will fight for maximum compensation. Call us today!